MON, 20 NOV 11:00 AM (NZST) – REGISTER HERE
Community Research webinars are free online events where community sector professionals share expertise about what’s working.
How is your organisation faring? Applying the Treaty of Waitangi in your organisation is a journey. Whether your voyage is well underway or you’re wondering how to start, this webinar will provide guidance.
Jen Margaret offers practical insights, drawn from her latest research Ngā Rerenga o te Tiriti and from many years of practice and reflection by Treaty practitioners, community organisations, and mana whenua.
You will learn:
- How organisations are engaging with the Treaty of Waitangi
- The factors of effective engagement
- Where to find additional resources to guide you
- Practical examples, as told by the organisations themselves
Who is this webinar for?
This practical 75-minute webinar is for groups and organisations within the community sector who wish to be more engaged with the Treaty of Waitangi.
It is for community workers, managers, board members, kaimahi, kaitiaki, kaiwhakahaere and any others who want to increase their knowledge.
Jen Margaret is a dedicated Treaty advocate and educator. She is a knowledgeable and skilled facilitator who enjoys working with organisations to deepen their understanding and application of the Treaty.
Jen is the author of Ngā Rerenga o Te Tiriti: Community organisations engaging with the Treaty of Waitangi. As recipient of Winston Churchill and Loxley Fellowships, Jen has also researched the work of non-indigenous allies in North America, Australia and Aotearoa. Jen is Pākehā, of Cornish, Scottish, Danish and German ancestry.
Post-event RBA discussion group – meet other NGOs and share!
This Facebook discussion group has been created for NGOs to share and discuss co-design issues.
- Ngā Rerenga o Te Tiriti: Community organisations engaging with the Treaty of Waitangi
- A New Way of Working, The Community Sector Taskforce
- Te Tiriti/Treaty Relationship Framework: Community and Organisation Development Package, The Community Sector Taskforce
- Treaty Journeys, Treaty Resource Centre
- The Treaty of Waitangi and School Governance: Kei tua atu o te matapaki kōrero ko te mahi, NZ Schools Trustees Association
- Engaging with the Treaty: Organisational stories
- Researchers’ reflections on Treaty application in community organisations
- Working as allies, Jen Margaret
- Wayfinding leadership: Groundbreaking wisdom for developing leaders
- Lottery Community Sector Research Fund and Closing Dates