I am a qualified social worker with wide range of experience in youth residential, social services, community health and community development in rural Central Plateau. Currently work for Raetihi Community Trust.
Accessing the Voice of Non-Mainstream Youth – 1993. Used methodology of in-depth interviews with youth and youth workers in South Auckland carried out for Manukau City Council
A Comparative Study of Two Small & Remote Urban Communities: Implications for Social Policy and Practice, (A tale of Two Towns); 2010. Research details the stories of small towns, Raetihi and Ohakune, set within the context of wider changes. Theories of civil society & social capital provide a framework for analysis of the internal dynamics of the communities. As such, they contribute possible explanations for existing disparities, as well as strategies to address them.
Wai 4 Y – Waimarino For Youth, 2012- youth driven needs assessment using surveys and Photovoice methodology. Carried out in partnership with Whariki Research and Jen Margaret.
- Location: Manawatu-Whanganui
- Qualifications: All Researchers, Certificate or Diploma, Masters Degree, Post-Graduate Diploma
- Ethnic Groups: New Zealand European, Other
- Area of Expertise: Children & Youth, Community Development, Cultural Diversity, Families/ Whānau & Parenting, Income, Poverty & Wealth, Māori, Non-profit Sector, Social Services, Volunteering / Mahi Aroha
- Mobile: 021 2359432
- Phone: 06 385 8987
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org