Dr Jennie Harré Hindmarsh has worked biculturally for more than 40 years across a range of sectors: education (adult, community, professional and tertiary); community & social services; health; arts, culture and heritage, and environmental initiatives. She has planned, led, project managed, coordinated, and commissioned research & evaluation across all sectors – especially qualitative and action research, including strategic & service reviews to enhance the quality of services. She also has extensive experience in teaching, supervising and mentoring other researchers, particularly in community/iwi, independent consultancy, and tertiary qualifications contexts. She has a track record of working effectively across the diversity of peoples and contexts in New Zealand – with rural, urban and metropolitan organisations and local communities; central, regional and local governments; Mäori, Pacific Islands, Päkehä and other ethnic peoples.
Jennie has a PhD in Education and a Tohu (Diploma in) Maoritanga from Victoria University of Wellington, a Masters in Social Work completed on a Commonwealth Scholarship at the London School of Economics, and a BA Hons Education from Massey University.
After working nationally for many years, since 2005 Jennie has been based in Te Tairawhiti, working flexi-part-time as Research Coordinator for Ngati Porou Hauora, and also independently as a project consultant, mentor and in governance roles. She is also a voluntary trustee on several local community trusts.
- Location: Te Tairawhiti/ East Coast
- Qualifications: All Researchers, Bachelor Degree, Certificate or Diploma, Masters Degree, PhD or Doctorate
- Ethnic Groups: New Zealand European
- Area of Expertise: Arts & Culture, Family Violence & Abuse, Children & Youth, Community Development, Cultural Diversity, Education & Training, Environment, Families/ Whānau & Parenting, Governance & Kaitiakitanga, Health & Wellbeing, I offer Research & Evaluation Mentoring, Māori, Non-profit Sector, Social Services, Whānau Ora, Women / Wāhine
- Professional Memberships: ANZTSR
- Phone: 021 738 272
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org