I am an environmental historian with a particular interest in histories of technology and the environment, popular ecology, environmentalism and landscape histories. My PhD thesis was completed last year: Electric Landscapes. Electricity and the Environment in New Zealand 1902 to 1980.
I work as the Research Assisant for Southern Institute of Technology, Invercargill. My role is to support staff carrying out research. I also work with Research Manager Sally Bodkin-Allen to carry out research contracts and projects related to areas of research strength within SIT. Areas of specialialty are: qualitative research working with children and young people, and research into tertiary teaching practice and tertiary student retention, completion and engagement.
- Location: Southland
- Qualifications: PhD or Doctorate
- Ethnic Groups: New Zealand European
- Area of Expertise: Environment
- Key Publications: Bodkin-Allen, S., McAleer, D., McKenzie, D. and Whittle, J. (2011). ‘I can do a dolphin jump, I can!’ An evaluation of the SwimSafe Southland Central Southland Pilot Project. SIT Research Institute. Southern Institute of Technology. Invercargill, NewZealand.Bodkin-Allen, S., Hoffman, J. and Whittle, J. (2012). The Committed Learners Project. SIT Research Institute. Southern Institute of Technology. Invercargill, New Zealand.
- Website: Click here
- Phone: 211 2699
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org