Dr Jess Berentson-Shaw is a co-director of The Workshop, a research and communications not-for-profit organisation specialising in narratives strategies which help individuals and organisations to better communicate complex social and environmental issues.
Jess is a public narrative researcher and advisor. She gained her PhD in Health Psychology from Victoria University in 2003. In roles across government and the not for profit sectors she has focussed on placing best knowledge and equity at the heart of decision-making. Since 2017 Jess has been researching and implementing narrative strategies that engage, deepen people’s thinking, and improve decision-making with regard to our big social and environmental challenges.
- Location: Wellington
- Qualifications: All Researchers
- Ethnic Groups: New Zealand European
- Area of Expertise: Poverty & Wealth, Environment, Families/ Whānau & Parenting, Health & Wellbeing, Income, Poverty & Wealth, Media & Communications
- Key Publications: https://www.theworkshop.org.nz/publications/a-matter-of-fact-talking-truth-in-a-post-truth-world-2018 https://www.theworkshop.org.nz/publications/pennies-from-heaven-why-cash-works-best-to-ensure-all-children-thrive-2017
- Website: Click here
- Professional Memberships: Senior research associate at the Public Policy Institute at the University of Auckland
- Email: email@example.com