40 years in health services and academic research including supervision of Master’s and Doctoral theses and examination of same.
30 completed research projects
53 international and national peer reviewed publications
Areas of expertise: Health Education, Research (mixed methods), Quality Improvement
Community Health (maternal and child health, postnatal depression, cancer)
Honorary Professorships at Bournemouth University and Universidade de Caxias de Sol, Brazil on research projects.
Research Manager, Dept of General Practice, Community and Rural Health, University of Tasmania
Research Manager, Dept of General Practice, Auckland University
Reviewer for a number of SAGE journals
Advisor (Professor, Education and Research) Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman (2006 – 2014)
Qualifications: SCM (UK) RM (NZ) MTD Cert Ad Ed BEd DipSocSci (Psych)
MA (Education 1st Class Hons) PhD in Community Health
Currently retired (Grants Administrator, Cancer Society Whanaganui, 5 hours per week)
- Location: Manawatu-Whanganui
- Qualifications: All Researchers, Bachelor Degree, Certificate or Diploma, Masters Degree, PhD or Doctorate
- Ethnic Groups: New Zealand European
- Area of Expertise: Mentoring, Research and Evaluation, Community Development, Cultural Diversity, Education & Training, Families/ Whānau & Parenting, Health & Wellbeing, I offer Research & Evaluation Mentoring, Mental Health, Non-profit Sector, Volunteering / Mahi Aroha, Women / Wāhine
- Mobile: 027 3159370
- Key Publications:
Most Recent Publications (last 5 years)
Ryan, J., Yalsheedi, Y., White, G. and Watkins, D. (2014) Respecting the culture: undertaking focus groups in Oman. Qualitative Research 1468794114524220 february 25 as doi: 10.1177/1468794114524220.
White, G.E. (2011) Exploring the future of the Nursing Administration Programme: Perceptions of Heads of Nursing. Nursing Education, Oman, 10 -19.
Zubaran, C. Foresti, K. Schumacher, M. Amoretti, A. Muller, L. Thorelli, M. White, G.E. Madi, J. (2009). Validation of a screening instrument for postpartum depression in Southern Brazil. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1 – 11.
White, G.E (2009). The Health and Safety of New Mothers. In Briar, C. (Ed.) Women and Work, Auckland, Random Press.
- Phone: 06 34 88031
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org