BayTrust’s mission is to “effectively build, strengthen and enhance present and future Bay of Plenty Communities.” To support this, BayTrust approached the Centre for Social Impact to provide research and advice related to two focus areas identified in the BayTrust 2014-16 Strategic Plan:
• youth engagement
• opportunities to make a positive impact in the first 1,000 days of a child’s life.
In undertaking this exploratory work with the Centre for Social Impact, BayTrust wanted to identify opportunities for:
• strategic investment in supporting youth engagement and opportunities to make a positive impact in the first 1,000 days of a child’s life. BayTrust has opportunities to provide traditional philanthropic funding as well as to be a funder using emergent models of funding (e.g. catalytic or venture philanthropy). Funding is also undertaken alongside opportunities for capacity building, collaboration, and knowledge brokering
• working in partnership with other local and national organisations that are also interested in early years and youth priorities. This work was undertaken in close collaboration with the Ministry of Social Development. New or extended opportunities for collaboration may be useful to consider. It is also important not to duplicate services that may be funded or supported by other sources, including government funding
• effective and strategic responses to projected population changes, needs, strengths and challenges. Regional population transitions and changing population age structures will have an impact on the communities served by BayTrust.
The purpose of this report is to provide information to BayTrust to support future funding options related to youth engagement and opportunities to make a positive impact in the first 1,000 days of a child’s life.
- Citation: Centre for Social Impact (2015) A Report to BayTrust. A focus on opportunities to make positive impact in the first 1,000 days of a child's life and youth engagement. Tauranga: BayTrust.
- Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives CC BY-NC-ND
- Creator: The Centre for Social Impact
- Language: English
- Publisher: BayTrust: Bay of Plenty Community Trust
- Year: 2015-02-01
Get a copy of the report
I agree to use the research in according to the terms of copyright and Creative Commons Licence. For details of Creative Commons licenses visit - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/